Locations :Rockville, Maryland
Categories : Science and Technology
Site Name: USA – Maryland – Rockville
Are you energized by a challenging role in biology, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Scientist role would be a great opportunity to consider.
The Molecular Biology group at the US Research and Development Center, GSK Vaccines, is responsible for generating and characterizing all vaccine candidates utilizing our viral vector-based vaccine technology. They provide key molecular biology and cell biology support to all GSK Vaccine projects and platforms. This group is also responsible for implementing new techniques and technology to improve high-throughput generation and screening of vaccine candidates, including high-throughput cloning and cell-based characterization.
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist, with proven record in utilizing the most up to date molecular biology and cell biology techniques in a high-throughput environment, to take a role in generating and testing new vaccine candidates
- To provide expertise in the areas of DNA cloning, in-vitro RNA transcription and cell-based assay characterization of vaccine candidates
- Utilize high-throughput workflows for molecular biology and cell biology processes to generate and characterize vaccine candidates
- Work with other scientists to design and develop new assays and technologies to support RNA vaccine generation and evaluation
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master with at least 2 years of experience in a related biotechnology field
- Experience operating liquid-handling robotics systems (Tecan, Hamilton)
- Experience in molecular biology and cloning, including gibson cloning, mutagenesis, RNA production and isolation.
- Experience with common molecular biology software, e.g. Geneious.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
PhD degree in life sciences with 0+ years of experience in a related biotechnology field
Experience in RNA in vitro transcription techniques and familiarity with RNA based vaccine technology
Comfortable with cell-based assays to evaluate viral vector-based vaccine candidates, for example FACS analysis or High-Content Imaging
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.